U3A exists to serve members through its members. Its lifeblood lies in its spirit of volunteerism. Each member is expected to serve in some way, e.g.
- Learning Facilitators – who plan and lead learning sessions
- Learning Promoters – who encourage participation continuing learning activities
- Event Organisers – who organize learning sessions and other events
- Admin Support – who provide admin and logistics support
- Creative Support – who provide designs and collaterals for publicizing events
- Resource Person – who assist in procuring resources via their networks
- Funding is needed to set up U3A Singapore and to put it on a sound financial basis with the capability to reach out to third agers and to provide them with the affordable continuing learning opportunities and resources. Fundraising will therefore be carried out periodically and we appeal to all to donate to this worthy cause.